Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Driving Tour with a licensed driver-guide (or on option, for an extra cost, with a driver and a separate licensed guide)
- Duration: 9 hours
- Tour Highlights: Visit of the Vineyards/Cellars and Winetastings in 2 Major Valpolicella/Amarone wine producers (in option at an extra cost, a quick tour of the Castle of Scaliger in Sirmione)
- Meeting Point: Piazzale Roma in Venice or directly from your hotel by private boat (at an extra cost)
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 7 people
- Price: 800 EUR + 50 EUR / person (winetasting samples included)
- Cancellation: full refund if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
During this full day private guided tour of Amarone & Valpolicella, you will have the opportunity to discover the world class Amarone wines in the Valpolicella Valley (nicknamed the "Pearl Of Verona"). Valpolicella is a viticultural zone of the province of Verona, east of Lake Garda. The hilly agricultural and marble-quarrying region of small holdings north of the Adige is very famous for wine production. Valpolicella ranks just after Chianti in total Italian Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) wine production.
The driver-guide will pick you up at Piazzale Roma (or in option from your hotel) to drive you to the first major wine producer among the following non comprehensive list (subject to availability and your tastes): Tommasi, San Rustico, Piccoli, Tenute Salvaterra, Marchesi Fumanelli, Allegrini, Villa Manzi... (1h30 drive from Venice). There, with your licensed guide, you will begin your private guided visit of the vineyards and cellar and learn about the specifics of Amarone wines production before starting your 1st winetasting.
After this amazing visit, you will have a lunch in a local joint restaurant (trattoria or similar) in the charming countryside village.
A lot of wines claim to be the finest in a certain category, but Amarone della Valpolicella actually lives up to its title (which is why we travelled all the way to another top winery to try a few other top Amarone wines. As Family is everything in Valpolicella, the region is home to many prestigious producers who have handed their craft down through the generations and we'll try to let you visit at least one of this top family producer during the day.
Valpolicella’s climate is critical to the success of its wine. The Alps to the north and sloping valleys to the south, shelter the region against the intensity of the Mediterranean summer. Prevailing winds create micro-climates of sorts throughout Valpolicella. While it’s not a hard and fast rule, wines produced in upper Valpolicella tend to be more balanced and richer in alcohol than wines from the valley-bottom, which are less distinctive.
We will then drive you back to Venice and drop you off at Piazzale Roma.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is at Piazzale Roma but we can also pick you up from your hotel by boat, at any extra cost, if you'd like.
It is also possible to pick you up outside Central Venice limits at extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.