Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 5 hours
- Tour highlights: Santa Maria Novella, Santa Croce, San Lorenzo
- Pick-up/Drop-off: directly at your hotel/apartment
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people
- Price: 400 EUR + 21.5 EUR/adult and 5 EUR/teenager (11 to 17y old) for 1 to 7 people, including entrance tickets.
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 2-hour private walking tour of St Mark's Basilica & Rialto Bridge, your licensed English speaking guide will show you in details 2 very important landmarks of Venice: St Mark's Square and its St Mark's Basilica, and the Rialto Bridge.
St Mark's Basilica was the chapel of the Doge (Venetian Republic’s one-time rulers), and has been the city's cathedral only since 1807. It is famous for its opulent design with gold ground mosaics and masterpieces by Titian & Tintoretto. The Rialto Bridge is a single span stone bridge designed by Antonio da Ponte and finally completed in 1591.
Our licensed guide is at your disposal so that he shows you as much as you wish within the 2 hours. You are in command, this is YOUR PRIVATE tour.
If you have no special request, we will spend about 1 hour at St Mark'sBasilica and 30min at the Rialto Bridge
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.
This is an excellent tour to program at the beginning of your stay, if you are in Venice for the 1st time or if you wish to refresh your memory or if you are travelling with people who have never been. We also offer this introduction city tour combined with a Marco Polo airport (or Venice Cruise Terminal) pick up, if your flight arrive in the morning, and your hotel rooms are not ready, this is an excellent opportunity, to start enjoying the city right off the plane.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is on the Piazza San Marco.
It is also possible to pick you up by boat somewhere else in Venice, at an extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.