Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Tour highlights: Duomo, Baptistery & Belltower
- Pick-up/Drop-off: Piazza di San Giovanni (or if you prefer directly at your hotel/apartment)
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people
- Price: 290 EUR + 18 EUR/adult or teenager (11-17y old) and 3 EUR/child (below 11y old) for 1 to 8 people, including entrance tickets.
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 3-hour private walking tour of Duomo/Baptistery & Belltower, your licensed English speaking guide will show you in details the most important masterpiece of Brunelleschi: the Duomo.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (nicknamed the "Duomo") took over 140 years to complete. With over 4 million bricks, weighing over 40,000 tons, almost the size of half a football field across at the base, and standing over 10 stories high, it is the largest masonry structure in the world and the third largest cathedral in the world. And yet it was not built by an architect but by a skilled goldsmith called Fillipo Brunelleschi!
Our licensed guide is at your disposal so that he shows you as much as you wish within the 3 hours. You are in command, this is YOUR PRIVATE tour.
If you have no special request, we will spend about 1 hour in each of the 3 monuments (Duomo / Baptistery & Belltower).
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.
This is an excellent tour to program at the beginning of your stay, if you are in Florence for the 1st time or if you wish to refresh your memory or if you are travelling with people who have never been. We also offer this introduction city tour combined with a Florence Peretola airport (or Santa Maria Novella Train Station) pick up, if your flight arrive in the morning, and your hotel rooms are not ready, this is an excellent opportunity, to start enjoying the city right off the plane.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is on the Piazza di San Giovanni, near the Baptistery and Duomo.
It is also possible to pick you up by boat somewhere else in Florence, at an extra cost, please contact us to receive our quote.