Tour Details Book Now
- Type of Tour: Private Walking Tour (Licensed Guide)
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Tour highlights: Medici Chapels (New Sacristy, Chapel of the Princes etc), Church of San Lorenzo
- Pick-up/Drop-off: Medici Chapels' entrance.
- Max. Size of your Party: up to 8 people
- Price: 275 EUR + 11 EUR / adult for 2 to 8 people, including entrance tickets
- Cancellation: Free cancellation if we receive your notice at least 1 week before the tour date, 100% cancellation fee otherwise
In this 2.5-hour private walking tour of the Medici Chapels and the Basilica of San Lorenzo, your licensed English speaking guide will show you in details the final resting place of the Medici family (the Medici Chapels) and the official church of the Medici from their period as private residents in their Palazzo Medici Riccardi (the Basilica of San Lorenzo).
Both chapels highlight the Medici dynasty’s financial power, prestige and status on the Tuscan throne: lavishly decorated domes with precious marbles, great sculptors like Michelangelo himself commissioned on the project etc.
Our licensed guide is at your disposal so that he shows you as much as you wish within the 2.5 hours. You are in command, this is YOUR PRIVATE tour.
If you have no special request, we will spend about 1.5 hour at the Medici Chapels and 1h at the Basilica of San Lorenzo
If you have special request, do not hesitate to share them with us in comments when you book the tour online.
This is an excellent tour to program at the beginning of your stay, if you are in Florence for the 1st time or if you wish to refresh your memory or if you are travelling with people who have never been. We also offer this introduction city tour combined with a Peretola Airport (or Santa Maria Novella Train Station) pick up, if your flight arrive in the morning, and your hotel rooms are not ready, this is an excellent opportunity, to start enjoying the city right off the plane.
Our standard pick-up/drop-off for this tour is at the entrance of the Medici Chapels.
It is also possible to pick you up directly at your hotel or somewhere else in Florence, at an extra cost: please contact us to receive our quote.